Wednesday 27 July 2016

Project - Mini Bar

Taking some inspiration from Abigail Ahern, I started a new project to create a mini bar!

MINI BAR - IMAGES EMILY HAUCK KARIKA NOVA
above: my newly repaired, upcycled mini bar.

The old unit (seen below) was lacking in love and attention, it had been in left in the back of my Grandma's garage awaiting someone to give it a new lease of life. It was missing a shelf and also had a cracked glass panel. After sanding back the surface to give the paint a key, I applied some undercoat followed by the Farrow & Ball Down Pipe grey on the interior (to match the wall behind) and their new colour Yellowcake for the exterior.

MINI BAR BEFORE & DURING UPCYCLE - IMAGES EMILY HAUCK KARIKA NOVA
top left: the cupboard before its new look, top right: the farrow and ball colour selection, bottom left: priming, bottom right: first coats of new paint.

Once painted, I had the glass replaced and a new glass shelf made. Now it sits happy in our dining room filled with a variety of glasses that I've inherited. I've yet to style the top with a selection of party drinks ware (cocktail shaker and the like) but I'm looking forward to doing this at the next shindig!

MINI BAR - IMAGES EMILY HAUCK KARIKA NOVA
top: view from above, bottom left: stacked full of glasses, bottom right: close up of detailing and paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment