Tuesday 18 September 2018

Clay Studio

A little creative inspo today with some pics from my visit to Clay Studio for a ceramic workshop. I've long been a pottery fan and have wanted to make some of my own for a little while. It can be good to challenge those creative brain cells with a new skill (I so loved the ikebana classes). I thought I'd try this workshop to make a butter dish with an idea to help reduce household waste, part of a long term no plastic plan to use more sustainable pieces. I'm also embracing the slow living aspect, though this proved tricky on the day with the children doing an all nighter and a magpie stuck in the chimney...

I loved working with the clay though I definitely need more practice! I popped down recently to the studio, such a lovely place, to pick up my new celadon coloured butter dish. I look forward to booking again.

CLAY STUDIO - EMILY HAUCK KARIKA NOVA
above: photos from my day in clay studio, bottom right is a pic of the final fired butterdish in the lovely colour of celadon.

#creativeplay #ceramic #slowliving #creativeday #claystudio 

Visit the clay studio website for the latest courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment